Saturday, September 26, 2009

Inky Antics stamps and CPS

The sponsor for Card Positioning Systems blog for this week was Inky Antics stamps. I had two different sets to work with so my two cards are very different from each other. Both of the sets I used are clear stamps from the Fall/Winter 09 catalog.
I thought this cute turkey made for such a fun way to create a Thanksgiving themed card.
Take a special look at the coloring and accents on this turkey. I stamped the image with black, Versafine ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder on Cryogen Curious Iridescent white cardstock from CutCardStock.com. I like the way this paper works with Copic markers. BUT, first of all, I added color to this stamped image with alcohol inks. I dropped specific colors in specific places so that, in effect, I was coloring my image. I finished off the coloring with my Copic markers to add definition to the coloring. PLUS, I coated part of the turkeys feathers with Aleene's paper glaze. This adds a neat little bit of dimension.
Another interesting thing about my card is that I ran the card base through a Fiskars Paper Crimper. I ran it through a few times at different angles. Now, I sanded the paper which is from The Chocolate Box collection by Core'dinations and that exposed the core of that paper.
This card uses the same sketch, but the stamps are very different from the first set from Inky Antics.
The flower is a two step process and the set has several choices to make different styles of flowers. I did stamp the flowers on a patterned paper by October Afternoon. The white dots on the flowers is Fashion Bead paint by Tulip. The card base is a cardstock from the Black Magic collection by Core'dinations. When I sanded the edges of the card and the punched borders and that exposed the core to the paper. Notice too that the card is turquoise on the inside, while black on the outside.

Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

SKETCH 135 – EAT DESSERT FIRST card
Materials:
Clear stamp set – Goobles Turkey Clear set/Inky Antics
Cardstock – The Chocolate box and Core Essentials/Core’dinations and Cryogen Curious Iridescent/CutCardStock.com
Patterned paper – Farmhouse and Root Cellar/Farm Fresh/October Afternoon
Versafine black stamp pad
Clear embossing powder
Copic Markers
Alcohol Inks and blending solution – Ranger
Corner rounder punch – Papershapers
Mini brads
Paper Crimper – Fiskars
Chalk stamp pads - Clearsnap
Clear Paper Glaze – Aleene’s®
Tonic Paper Distesser
Sandpaper

SKETCH 135b CELEBRATE card
Designer: Linda Beeson
Materials:
Clear stamp set – Marvelous Match Ups Clear set/Inky Antics
Cardstock – Cryogen Curious Iridescent/CutCardStock.com and Black Magic/Core’dinations
Patterned paper – Report Card/Science Fair/October Afternoon
Versafine black stamp pad
ColorBox stamp pad - Clearsnap
Corner rounder punch – Fiskars
Apron Lace border punch – Fiskars
White Bead Fashion paint - Tulip
Sandpaper
Rub-on greeting – Making Memories

4 comments:

  1. that turkey is adorable!! love all the patterns and texture. great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Linda! I love the effect of crimping the Core'dinations in different directions!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous cards! the first just is as cute as can be!

    ReplyDelete