Monday, April 19, 2010

Got cupcakes?

I know that cupcakes are all the rage right now and I am really on that bandwagon, so it was so fun to use this cute stamp set from Pink Persimmon for my CPS card using this weeks sketch.
This cupcake set from Pink Persimmon contains the cupcake frosting and cupcake paper and then it has a whole selection of accessories for having the cupcake fit your theme. So my theme is a circus birthday.
I wouldn't ususally think to color the frosting green but it just looks like something I should eat! I stamped the cupcake twice. The first time on Curious Iridescent Cryogen White cardstock with black ink and embossing that with clear embossing powder. I then stamped it again on the green gingham patterned paper and then I cut out the cupcake paper only portion and glued that over my first stamped image where I colored the frosting with Copic markers. Some of the portions of the carousel tent has some Aleene's Paper Glaze applied to it but a glass like finish.
Can you see the slight sparkle to the white paper? That sparkle is in the Curious Iridescent Cryogen White cardstock. It shows up when the paper is turned to the side in light. I love how the Copic markers blend with this cardstock but I just love that resulting sparkle too. I also wanted to show the little scallop border that is part of the same stamp set.
***
And more photos!
We took a little trip to see Thomas the Tank Engine this weekend. Talk about a fun way to make one little guy very happy.
This was pretty much the look on his face for the entire train ride. He was so serious taking it all in.
They have all kinds of play stations set up, it is possible he loved this just as much as seeing the train and taking the train ride! (oh, and the hat stayed on the entire time, too cute!)
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

SKETCH 163 – HAPPY BIRTHDAY CUPCAKE card
Materials:
Cardstock Core Essentials/Core’dinations
Patterned paper – Fly a Kite: Sprinklers/October Afternoon and Now That’s a Good Thing/Cosmo Cricker
Clear stamps – Vintage Cupcake set/Pink Persimmon
Copic Markers
Black Versafine stamp pad
Clear embossing powder – Stamps n’ Stuff
Self adhesive rhinestones – Queen & Co.
Fiskars corner rounder punch
Clear Paper Glaze – Aleene’s®
Sandpaper

10 comments:

  1. Simply adorable!!! I really do like that sparkle.

    Thanks for sharing!
    ~KristinaH

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the green gingham for the cupcake holder and super adorable pics in his little hat!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling card Linda, I just love that subtle shimmer!

    Such adorable pics, we have taken our little guys to Thomas, they always love it!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card Linda! I love how you added the rhinestones to the scallops. Great pics of your sweet grandson too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card! Love that stamp! Looks like a fun visit to see Thomas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh, i love that cupcake in green! it does look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cute card... we have gone to the day out with Thomas before... its alot of fun for the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! The details are just yummy... The sparkle of that paper... your colouring... the dew dropped scallop... AWEsome! That set is too sweet & you make it look delicious. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, Linda (and for saying hi) :o) so I could come & check out your gorgeous work! :O) mel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously cute card, Linda! I love that cupcake. Oh, how I love it! I think the green choice looks amazing. :) And what a cute, cute topper. Love the added gems, too.
    Fun photos! I remember how much my son used to love Thomas. Seems so long ago now.
    Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Linda! I have this set and need to use it! I love your card, the colors, how you used the the border, everything! Thanks for the inspiration to get me set inked up!

    ReplyDelete