Saturday, October 2, 2010

Hooray! It is a holiday

Happy CardMaking Day! 
How does it get better, an entire day to celebrate creating cards!

Since we are celebrating, I want to share a few cards with you.  This first one is my Unscripted sketch card for this week. Since Unscripted Sketches puts up the new sketch for each week on Saturday, here is a great reason to pull out some supplies and make a card.  For my card I pulled out my brand new Crate Paper, I love this collection.


The patterned leaf and this cute little girl are both part of a Digital set that I recently purchased at 2 Peas in a Bucket.  I printed them out on my good matte photo paper and then cut each one of them out.  The circle piece behind them is a piece of Jenni Bowlin Core Impressions cardstock by Core'dinations.  It has the leaf design embossed in it and when I sanded it, the red core was exposed. 
My next card is created around the Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger.  I want to cuddle up in that quilt!

I remembered this Crate Paper collection that I just purchased.  The top patterned piece looks like it is made from the inspiration of that quilt.  I made my card base turquoise to go with the bench in the photo.

I did some machine sewing to go along with the feel of the quilt being sewn.  The scallops are part of one of the patterned papers.

Next, I created a couple cards for Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker for their part in World CardMaking Day.  Here are the links to those cards for you to see, thanks for taking a peek.
And my last card to share on this special occasion...

A card I created with BRAND NEW Stacy Julian Core Impressions Core'dinations cardstock.  The red, embossed piece is part of this package.  I cut out one of the blocks of words on the piece of cardstock.  This block of words is repeated several times on the paper so you could actually make a few cards, all the same. 

I slightly sanded the red cardstock to help the words show up more.  The white cardstock for the card base is from this collection, it comes with that embossed edge.  I rubbed a brown stamp pad over that a little bit so the embossing stands out more. The sentiment is a stamp by Printworks.

Thanks for visiting today, Linda (lbpost)

SKETCH 75 – FALL LEAVES card
Materials:
Cardstock – Core Expressions and Core Impressions/Core’dinations
Patterned paper – Grade Card/School Spirit Collection/Crate Paper
Leaf and little girl images – Digital set/2 Peas in a Bucket
Circle template – Coluzzle
Foam tape – 3M
Sandpaper

GO NOW…AND HAVE A HAPPY BIRTHDAY card
Materials list:
Cardstock – Core Expressions/Core’dinations
Patterned paper – School Spirit collection/Crate Paper
Flower – Recollections
Rub-on sentiment – BasicGrey
Machine sewing
Sandpaper


SAY I LOVE YOU OFTEN card
Materials list:
Cardstock – Stacey Julian Core Impressions/Core’dinations
Foam tape – 3M
Sentiment stamp – Printworks
Black Versafine stamp pad
Clear embossing powder - Stampendous
Heart brad - Recollections
Corner rounder punch – Fiskars
Fluid Chalk stamp pad - Clearsnap
Sandpaper

14 comments:

Lindalou said...

I didn't know it was CardMaking Day. All your cards are great, but the last one really appeals to me. I love the color combo and the unique shape of the card.

Great job.

I'm hoping to get a card made today, but I need to clean up my card making area. It's a mess.

StephC said...

All of these are fabulous! Love them all!

*Vicki* said...

WOW!! Amazing creations!! I love the Fall colors on your top card!! TFS!! Happy WCMD!!

Lelia Pierce said...

Wowza! You've been busy! They are all fab, but I love the last one the most! Wonderful!!!

XXX

Heidi Van Laar said...

Beautiful cards Linda!
Happy WCMD!

(-: Heidi

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, Linda! Your cards are gorgeous! I love your style, every single time. Thanks for sharing and happy WCMD.

Carolyn King said...

wow...what a great group of inspiring cards to jumpstart WCMD! Beautifully done!

Kalyn said...

Great cards, Linda! Happy WCMD!

joybear said...

Those are all so beautiful!

Lynn said...

wow! awesome cards.

Melissa said...

Cute cards - I especially LOVE the first one! Happy World Card Making Day!

Melissa
http://www.burstsofcreativity.blogspot.com/

Julie Overby said...

Awesome cards Linda! You are on a roll!

Cath said...

Hey Linda! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

ellen s. said...

awesome! love each one