Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Celebrations with Flower Soft

The Flower Soft Design Team is hosting another blog hop, this time with the theme of Celebrations.  Each team member with be using Flower Soft, of course, and JustRite stamps.  Flower Soft will be hosting the JustRite challenge that starts this Friday too so look out for that. 
This week we'll be giving away TWO prize packages during the hop!
One prize package will be given away on the blog hop and another will be chosen among people who make a card using Flower Soft and post it in the Splitcoast Gallery using the keyword FSC12.
Both prize winners will be chosen and announced on the Flower Soft blog on November 26th. The winner of the Splitcoast Gallery challenge will have their card featured on the Flower Soft Blog on November 26th!!!


For the card that I wanted to share with you, I used the theme of Weddings for my Celebrations.  I think that a wedding card should be elegant but a simple color scheme so that the guys will like it as well as the gals.  I used pieces from several different JustRite stamps to create my design and sentiment.
The Small Rectangle label is from the Baroque Nested Frames & Occasions set, the Circle label is from the Whimsical Christmas set and the Mr. & Mrs. sentiment is from the Wedding Nested Sentiments set.  For all of them, I used the clear blocks, I love those things!!! Just shows how versatile their sets are that they can be mixed and matched.
All of them were stamped on white cardstock using a Versafine Black stamp pad and I embossed the images with Clear Embossing powder. I just love the elegance that comes with the black, embossed lines.
I wanted the circles to look like wedding rings so I punched out the middles of the circles labels after I stamped them with a circle punch and then punched out the entire circle label with a larger circle punch. 
Now for the part you can't resist, I added SILVER Flower Soft to the gun metal colored Gemstone Core'dinations scallop punched circle.  There is no way getting around what amazing detail that silver Flower Soft adds to the finished card. 
Another interesting detail to take note of with this card is the card base.  It is black cardstock that has white on the reverse side. It is by Core'dinations and it is the best answer to making a black card but having a color inside that you can stamp on or write on. I sanded the edges of the card too so that sanded edge is white.
From here, hop on over to Vicki Garrett's blog
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

Materials:
Silver Flower Soft
Tacky Glue - Aleene's
Cardstock - Gemstone and Black Magic/Core'dinations
Cuttlebug embossing folder
Queen & Co. self adhesive pearls
Versafine black stamp pad
Clear embossing powder - Stampendous
Scallop circle and circle punches - PaperShapers
Sandpaper
Foam tape - 3M

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. I agree with you that wedding cards should be simple but elegant. Loved your use of the Mr & Mrs stamp. I have one of those (much smaller) and I haven't used it yet. I like you idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Linda, love the sheer elegance of your card. Frea

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this is beautiful love the siver flowersoft xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! This is so stunning and elegant!! Gorgeous design!!HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful wedding card! Wow - I didn't know Flower Soft came in SILVER, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty--I like how you made the rings and used the silver flower soft.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you used all thee different JustRite stamps. The details are gorgeous. I also love the rings. You made a beautiful and elegant card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda, I love all of the details on your card - just gorgeous!
    hugs,
    Gini

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you created 2 rings for the card! CLEVER!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful wedding card. Love the color combo. I beeter get me som Christmas flowersoft colors. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just so classy and elegant Linda! :) You make the most awesome cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just wanted to thank you for the comment on my US card for this week! That was such a sweet thing to do!

    Glee

    ReplyDelete
  13. So gorgeous, Linda! I love hearing the logic behind the design!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful and elegant...

    ReplyDelete