Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Almost time for Santa

If you have a minute, will you vote for my card at Scrapbooks, Etc.? You can vote everyday this week, THANKS!!!

And I have just enough time to share a couple more projects with you. 
First off, my Card Postioning Systems card for this week.  I turned the sketch on it's side and used a brand new stamp set I have from Pink Persimmon.  I cut a little bit off of a piece of the "loopy" shaped paper for an edge. 
 I started out stamping the tree image on white cardstock with white ink and I embossed that with white embossing powder.  Now I could apply various color mediums over this stamped image and the image will act as a resist.  I rubbed it with stamp pads first.  Next I created a mask for the tree image itself and sprayed the paper with Glimmer Mist.  The reason I did this was that I wanted the area where the words were to be a lighter blue and the area around that to be a little bit darker blue.  The masking protected where the white words are and since my mask is in a tree shape, I helped further the thought that the words were in a tree shape. 
Another project I wanted to share is this very simple little accordian fold album.  We did a little photo shoot with our youngest grandson and of course, every photo was adorable!!
The album base was purchased, 4"x6" photos fit on each piece of the folds perfectly.  What is nice about that is that all that was then required was a very simple amount of additional accents. 
 I just added rub-ons and sticker letters here and there.
What a fun way to remember our Santa Baby. 

One more Disneyland Castle photo with the Christmas fireworks show.

Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)
And may you all have an amazing holiday with family and friends.

14 comments:

  1. Absolutely GORGEOUS card and DARLING album!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll keep voting!!! GL! you know i think it's gorgeous.

    i love love your mini!!! many many happy holiday wishes, linda!!! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just voted for your card!!! good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shades of blue with the white .... all combined for a wonderful wintery greeting!

    And surely you know I adore this quick & precious album!! Must try that myself one of these days! Thanks for your constant inspiration.

    Merry & Blessed Christmas to you!
    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the stamp & masking Linda, great color! That album and photos are just precious!! Have a great holiday my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to go and cast a vote!
    Good luck! ;)

    Love your projects! That loopy edge is very sweet on that card!

    Merry Christmas, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice card! And I love the mini book...Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Voted!

    I'm sorry for being such a bad blog commenter lately...some rough times going on at home :( I hope this finds you and your family well and that you are all enjoying the holidays! All the best for 2011 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish you and your family a very merry christmas! Enjoy the holidays!
    Hugs Lea

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Linda, I love the simplicity, adorable album too!

    Hope you are having a merry Christmas!

    (-:>* Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beatiful! Thanks so much for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of these projects are beautiful! We're planning a trip to Disneyland so your photo is getting excited!

    ReplyDelete