Monday, May 27, 2013

Don't you just love a great background?

There are so many ways to create a fun and unique background and spray inks are sure one of them. Now add to that all of the great choices for spray inks!!!
 I use several different kinds of spray inks and for different reasons. So many of them have an iridescent aspect to them and that is the look I sometimes want but not always. I recently found the Stephanie Barnard Spray inks from Clearsnap. What I love about these is that they are just plain intense colors.  With this card I am mixing them with a totally brand new set of stamps from The Crafts Meow.  When I first say this set, I knew I needed it immediately. 
I tried something a little different with the sprays.  I usually spray from a distance and this time I wanted to spray pretty close and create puddles of a variety of colors. By spraying close, you do get puddles.  I then spritzed that with water to mix the colors a little bit.  Next I left it to dry. Every background will be different depending on the color assortment used.  I simply stamped the image with black and embossed with clear.  I added black Liquid Pearls to the flowers.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwww!!! This is gorgeous!! I am IN LOVE with that background!!!

Pamela said...

This is beautiful!!! Stunning! :)

Katie Gehring said...

Linda, this is so striking and stunning! I am in awe of your mad misting skillz!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Fabulous!

Connie Mercer said...

so gorgeous!! Love the background!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oooo! That TCM image is absolutely striking on your scrumptious background, Linda! LOVE!