Friday, August 16, 2013

Hugs and Prayers

I love making cards that I can send to a friend just to say I am thinking about them and praying for them. 
 I just received this wonderful jar stamp set and matching die from Paper Smooches, so I set out to do just that, make a card for a friend.  I had previously added some color to a plain white piece of cardstock by blotting it into a puddle of two colors of spray ink. I loved the irregular look of that blotted ink and thought it would be a great backdrop to my card.
The jar and the word "Ball" are stamps from this Paper Smooches set.  I cut the jar with the matching die.  The flowers and tiny tag are from the same set.  The flowers were actually stamped in purple although that is a little bit hard to see here. That fun honeycomb accent is from a brand new set of square background stamps from Paper Smooches.  I thought that was a fun and unexpected accent.  I so love the verse that comes from another of Kim's stamp sets.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

2 comments: