Wednesday, March 26, 2014

A "sweet" banner

When I saw the CAS(e) this sketch challenge for this week, I knew I had to play along. It is an extremely simple sketch and I knew the possibilities were endless. 
 I almost didn't know where to start because I had so many ideas in my head!  I worked the colors around the Color Throwdown challenge but I didn't get my card posted soon enough to actually link it to that challenge. 
 I had just received a package from Paper Smooches, so I started with a large flourish image and stamped it twice, embossing it with silver.  Next I took my favorite stencil from Tim Holtz and sponged on my blue.  Next I sprayed a blue spray from Heidi Swapp through the same stencil.  That great banner is a stamp from My Favorite Things, I love that each banner is solid black with a great sentiment on it.  The little jewels helped me bring the colors together. 
 Here is the CAS(e) this sketch challenge.
Here is the Color Throwdown combo I used.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

3 comments:

  1. Love the silver embossing and the blue background. Great card !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, love your stencilling too :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete