Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Loving yellow!

The card I want to share uses the CAS(e) this sketch for this week.  
 I went to my grunge circle stamp from  Neat and Tangled.  I simply inked it with a few colors of Distress Stain and stamped it only watercolor paper.  
 To add a little additional interest to the circle, I used a stencil from Crafter's Workshop and inked some of the rays.  I stamped black circles that are from the same set from Neat and Tangled, adding some enamel dots to a couple of the stamped circles.  I also sprayed some Heidi Swapp gold spray to the circle.  The sentiment is from Mama Elephant. 
 Here is the CAS(e) this sketch.
 Next I want to share a little project I just completed.  This week is teacher's appreciation at two of my grandsons school so as one of the treats, I created these cute little pencils built around a package of Rolo's.  
I cut papers to create the pencil look, stamped a number 2 on each one, used a Hershey's Kiss for the pencil point and some adorable PaperTrey, Inc tags were tied around with red twine.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

5 comments:

Valerie Andrieux said...

Beautiful card and nice teachers gifts !

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, what a fabulous card! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Betty J. said...

Really pretty card. Love the colours and your cool use of the N&T stamp.

donna mikasa said...

Love your artsy take on the sketch! And those pencil teacher gifts are adorable! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful card Linda. The colors are so vibrant. I just had to take a closer look! Those rolo pencils are super cute!