Monday, September 1, 2014

The tropical bookmark

I wanted to take a minute to share a fun bookmark I created.  We are off on an adventure and a new book and a new bookmark were in order.  
 Because of the fun supplies and techniques I also thought it fit the Mixed Media monthly challenge pretty nicely.  
I started out by adding color to my piece of watercolor paper with some Distress Stains and a spritz of water.  Before the Distress Inks were completely dry, I came back and added white embossing paste with a stencil.  That added a little bit of color to the white.  I then left that to dry.  To finish off that goodness I gave it some sprays of a Heidi Swapp color ink in Citron. I liked what that added to the embossing paste.  That amazing, relaxing sentiment is from Printworks and the layered flower is from a set by Altenew. I wanted to add a fun accent to this so I added the sentiment piece with a mini stapler.

Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)  

6 comments:

yyam said...

So pretty! LOVE the bold colours and textures!

Donna B. said...

This is beautiful! I love the colors and the background. Thanks for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

Lynn K said...

Gorgeous background! Love the texture and the quote!!Thanks for joining us in this month's Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful! Love the mixed media background. Great textures and colors.

Lynn said...

Oh how beautiful! I love the bright colors and the texture paste through the stencil! Thanks for playing along in the Mixed Media Challenge this month!

crafty creations said...

Gorgeous - the colour , the texture, everything

Have a great adventure

Hilda x