Monday, September 1, 2014

The tropical bookmark

I wanted to take a minute to share a fun bookmark I created.  We are off on an adventure and a new book and a new bookmark were in order.  
 Because of the fun supplies and techniques I also thought it fit the Mixed Media monthly challenge pretty nicely.  
I started out by adding color to my piece of watercolor paper with some Distress Stains and a spritz of water.  Before the Distress Inks were completely dry, I came back and added white embossing paste with a stencil.  That added a little bit of color to the white.  I then left that to dry.  To finish off that goodness I gave it some sprays of a Heidi Swapp color ink in Citron. I liked what that added to the embossing paste.  That amazing, relaxing sentiment is from Printworks and the layered flower is from a set by Altenew. I wanted to add a fun accent to this so I added the sentiment piece with a mini stapler.

Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)  

6 comments:

  1. So pretty! LOVE the bold colours and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I love the colors and the background. Thanks for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous background! Love the texture and the quote!!Thanks for joining us in this month's Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love the mixed media background. Great textures and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how beautiful! I love the bright colors and the texture paste through the stencil! Thanks for playing along in the Mixed Media Challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous - the colour , the texture, everything

    Have a great adventure

    Hilda x

    ReplyDelete