Friday, January 15, 2016

Love Red Hearts

I could use hearts in my crafting all year long but of course with Valentines Day coming up that is the natural time to use them.  
 I hadn't used my Lil' Inker heart dies yet so this was the perfect time.  I wanted to add some interest to the white background so I used white embossing paste and a dot stencil.  The die cut words are a die set from Simon Says Stamp.  
 This angle shows off the embossed dots and the great accents with the heart dies.  This set includes several sizes of hearts and it also adds the stitching detail.  I just kept cutting hearts and then embedded them.  The striped heart is created by covering the paper first with strips of washi tape.  The red is glitter paper.  
Here is The Card Concept challenge that was my inspiration.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

9 comments:

  1. I love the added texture from the paste and fabulous combo of the heart dies. Thanks for joining TCC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dots spread throughout the card.
    Great design element.
    The hearts are fun.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lovely card says it all! So expresive...love the textures and color choices..TY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the dotted texture at irregular angles. So clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! What a very pretty card. I'm loving that technique with the dots. TFS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all that interesting white space.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this terrific card! The bright red pop of color and the textured background really make this stand out! Thanks for joining us over at The Card Concept!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this, Linda! So pretty and rich in color and textures. The textured dots are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats for being a winner at The Card Concept. I loved this card xx

    ReplyDelete