Saturday, June 11, 2016

Red roses....

Not sure what is better then red flowers and then add a watercolor look to that.
 I just received a new set of stamps from Altenew so of course I had to play a bit.  The solid flower shapes are very forgiving when you are after a loose watercolor look.  The stamps come with the possibility of stamping layers of the flowers but I did see that the layers pretty much mingled when I added the water.  The gorgeous word dies that says Happy Birthday is from Penny Black.  The set has a few sentiments in it.  This fits the TEXT challenge at Inkspirational because I used a simple text stamp from Stampers Anonymous to just fill in some of the white space.  I wasn't using it so that you could read the words, I just wanted the typewriter look. 
 Here's a close up of my resulting flowers and leaves.  I used another set of stamps that has an outline stamp in it so that I could further define my flowers.  I use some black Liquid Pearls to give a little highlight and dimension.  
Here's the Inkspirational Challenge.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

2 comments:

  1. How amazing! Gorgeous rich inking and contrast! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! Your watercoloring is fantastic and I love the addition of the text. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete