Saturday, January 13, 2018

Big Hugs cuteness

The new year began with the desire to create more so I found a few online challenges to help get a creative spark.  I have lots of supplies but it's pretty interesting how I find direction when I find a few online challenges I want to try.  
 I started with a few brand new supplies I had on my desk that I hadn't even used yet.  How about that really neat background die from Lil' Inker.  It has enough interest and texture to be able to just leave the watercolor paper white.  The circle die and the banner are from another set of dies from Lil' Inker.  
 In order to use the colors in the Color Throwdown Challenge, I added the color pink to the circle die with a spray from Heidi Swapp.  The "big hugs" word die is from Simon Says Stamp and I colored them purple with Distress Stain.  I wanted to still keep my design on the simple and clean side so I just added the cutest little girl doggie stamp and matching die from Reverse Confetti.  
 I used inspiration from two different sketch challenges, the first one CAS(E) this Sketch.
 The second sketch challenge, CAS Colours & Sketches.
 My color choices came with the Color Throwdown Challenge. 
Plus my sentiment choice came from the CASology HUG challenge.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that background, as well as your super cute take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute stamps and I agree that BG die is pretty awesome. So glad the sketch one at CC&S inspired you and thanks so much for joining in on the fun. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that cute little pink dog she is super! Thanks for sharing with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable!!! I love the way you framed your sweet main image!
    Thank you so much for playing along with us over at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete