Saturday, August 1, 2009

Chocolate Box goodness

I sure don't know who thought of the name for this collection of Core'dinations cardstock, but they have my attention just with the name "The Chocolate Box". (Here is a link to get a peek at the amazing colors these come in) BUT, now that I have played with it, I have found that the papers all by themselves are just plain fun. Basically it is a shade of brown on the front side of the cardstock with a yummy, ice cream colored core and this is also the color on the reverse side of the cardstock. My two cards for today use the same color of cardstock, both have a pinkish core and reverse side.
The style of this card is an old favorite. It is just a gathering of punched squares of scraps. I love to create cards with squares like this, I just tend to use slightly larger squares. I liked the little ones because it gave me space inbetween the squares for my grid design to show off well and it also let me use more squares.
I pulled out my Scor-Pal tool and simple created a grid and then sanded the scored lines, letting the core show through. I also sanded the edges of the card. The chipboard flowers are from a long border of flowers by Magistical Memories.
My Little Shoebox and Core'dinations teamed up by sharing papers with each other and this is one of the cards I created with their adorable supplies. LOVE the tiny sticker letters. I think it is so fun to make up my own greeting with them.
I again, used the Scor-Pal tool to make my lines along the bottom edge of this card. When those scored lines are sanded, it makes the entire card coordinated.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

BEST FRIENDS card
Materials:
Cardstock – Chocolate/Core’dinations
Various scraps of patterned papers
Chipboard flowers – Magistical Memories
Rub-on greeting – Making Memories
Scor-Pal tool
Sandpaper
Brads – Creative Impressions
Square punch


YOU ARE AMAZING card
Materials:
Cardstock – The Chocolate Box Collection/Core’dinations

Patterned papers, journaling spot, tiny sticker letters – Tanisha and Danielle/Wonderful Collection/My Little Shoebox
Border punch – Fiskars
Scor-Pal tool
Glitter brads – Doodlebug

14 comments:

  1. fabulous cards! I'm loving those scored lines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful Linda! I recently picked up a pack of that Chocolate Box paper, but I haven't used any yet.

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful!!! and you can't EVER go wrong w/chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both so "sweet"...get it? Chocolate? ;) Lovely cards as always Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Linda love what you did with the Core here - your cards are always a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. they look good enough to eat! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of your cards are wonderful! I love them both. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Linda! I justlove what you are doing with the coredinations cardstock! My favorite design is your top one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how cool Linda! I love the top grid card! I need to make a few of these to use up my scraps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh so very cool projects Linda! I am going to have to get some of those colors. I just love brown!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've got to get me some Chocolate! I love the grid and squares on the first card. I love to use squares on cards as well. I did a wedding card with different hearts stamped on each square. Such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous creations. Love the mosaic feelin the first.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are stunning! Love that pink core!

    ReplyDelete