Saturday, October 17, 2009

CPS #138, some Shimmerz and fall colors

I have played with Shimmerz paint before and found it to be a fun way to add some shimmer and shine to a project. This week at the Card Positioning Systems blog, the team is finding ways to put Shimmerz paint to good use.
I choose to PAINT the Shimmerz paint onto my white cardstock first and then I punched out shapes from the painted paper. The Shimmerz paints come in little jars and it is a very liquid medium. I used a paint brush to apply mine.
I used two coats of the Shimmerz paint on my cardstock. You can see how the paint caused my punched shapes to curl a little bit. I wanted that to happen so the flowers would look more 3-D. I used two colors, one for the larger flowers and another for the small flowers. I used the sun to try to exaggerate the shine on the flowers so you could see it.
Another card I wanted to share is perfectly fitting for a nice fall day. The bird design and the words are rub-on images from My Mind's Eye.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

SKETCH 138 – SUMMER FLOWERS card
Materials:
Shimmerz paint – Courtesy of Shimmerz
Cardstock –Vintage and Core Essentials/Core’dinations
Patterned papers – Scenic Route and Me & My Big Ideas
Flower punches – Papershapers/EK Success
Glitter brads – Doodlebug
Corner rounder punch – Fiskars
Rub-on greeting – Making Memories
Fluid chalk stamp pads – Clearsnap

Sandpaper

AUTUMN DAY card

Materials:
Cardstock – CutCardStock.com
Patterned Paper – Hoopla/Frolic/We R Memory Keepers (both sides)
Bird design rub-on – My Mind’s Eye
Word rub-on – Deja Views
Self Adhesive pearls – Mark Richards, Inc.
Circle templates– Coluzzle
Ribbon – Michaels
Glitter 3-D Fabric Dimensional Paint – Tulip
Stamp pad – Fluid Chalk/Clearsnap
Paper lace – K&Co.
Tonic paper distresser
Corner rounder punch - Fiskars

8 comments:

  1. Grogeous creations once again. I love how the red flowers pop against the teal cardstock on the first creation.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Linda! I love the shimmery flowers, and that fall card is just stunning!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love to come and visit your blog Linda... I love both the cards... love how the petals curled up..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh, the autumn card is so stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you did with the Shimmerz Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are wonderful, Linda! I love the way the Shimmerz look on the flowers. And that little bird is darling!

    ReplyDelete