Thursday, September 30, 2010

Apples and Smiles

A challenge this month to the design team at Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker was to create a "back to school" related project. All of the teams projects were posted today on the Nikki Sivils blog so be sure to take a peek.

I had just received my new Better  Homes and Gardens magazine and they listed some templates and ideas that were online with access to crafters and I knew this really cute and clever accordian style apple card would work for my creation.  Here is a link to this template and you just might find other things there to use too.

I pulled out my Henry's Brilliance papers and die cuts for my card.  The base is cut from Core'dinations cardstock.   The apple shaped patterned paper pieces are inked with a Fluid Chalk stamp pad.

And for even more goodness, the Core'dinations blog is featuring the BRAND NEW Stacy Julian Core Impressions cardstocks that were released at summer CHA.  I wanted to share one of my projects, a layout where I used a piece of blue with swiss dot embossing and a piece of yellow that has embossed words in it. The words are repeated on one piece of paper in little blocks so they were perfect to use as accents to these adorable photos of our youngest grandson with some pretty BIG smiles.  The patterned paper is Jillibean Soup. 

Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

APPLES – Hey Wise Guy card

Materials list:
Pattern – Better Homes and Gardens web site - http://www.bhg.com/holidays/thanksgiving/crafts/easy-thanksgiving-cards-table/?page=2
Cardstock – Core Impressions/Core’dinations
Patterned papers and die cuts – Henry’s Brilliance/Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker
Alphabet letters – Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker
Fluid Chalk stamp pad - Clearsnap
Sandpaper

9 comments:

  1. That layout is about the cutest one I've seen all week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda that apple card is sooo cute, love how it folds!! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, these are gorgeous! What beautiful pictures! Love the owl too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The card is fantastic! If you have time check out my blog: http://www.burstsofcreativity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That card is the cutest Linda!

    Thanks for your kind words on my blog today-very much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That apple card is so adorable!! You are entirely too clever!!!

    What a great way to showcase the core'dinatins papers!! I must try that!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not sure why I haven't been here before Linda! You make such fabulous cards and layouts! WOW!!!! So many little details with your stamping and the flower soft adds such a nice touch of texture! Congrats on guesting at Jillibean Soup!!! You projects were amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe! Your card is adodable! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what beautiful projects, Linda! I am just in love with the apple fold card. How clever, and how brilliantly decorated. LOVE that bright and fun layout, too. Your grandson is just adorable. Love those smiles and love the blocked design.

    ReplyDelete