Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Lacey accents

I love to use color challenges and this one from Colour Q was no exception. For some reason, they usually end up making me go "out of my box" a bit. 
Case in point, I know I would never have started out wanting to put purple and orange together but once I did, I love the result!
I started by cutting out this big orange flower from a piece of SEI paper and I was on my way. Not to mention how cool this purple patterned paper is by BoBunny. Notice the dot embossed cardstock for the card base, that is NEW Stacy Julian Core Impressions Core'dinations.
These doilies by Martha Stewart worked just right for a middle accent on my flower and that is finished with a punched out circle with cuts into it and a button center. 
I also want to share my Unscripted Sketch card with you.  I just picked up this lacey paper and the butterfly stamp set at Michaels. 
The butterfly was stamped on a green gingham patterned paper with black ink and embossed with clear embossing powder.  I loved it with this piece of Webster's Pages patterned paper.
TIP: I used a new Recollections border punch for the lacey edge on the first card and I was surprised to find out that these punches come with a little catch lid on the bottom to capture all of those tiny punched pieces. NICE!!! Recollections are found at Michaels stores.
And gotta share a few photos from our pumpkin carving party.

Our 13 year old granddaughter wanted to carve the pumpkin she picked out at the pumpkin patch so Grandpa was enlisted to help. When she found out that after you cut off the top, that you need to clear out the seeds, etc from the middle she was ready to quit! Pretty funny, I guess she didn't know all of that was inside.
Her little brother was also pretty put off by that yucky inside stuff but once he got into it, his "all boy" side came out!  No fear now!
This is our finished project! Pretty fun!

Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

SWEET card

Materials list:
Cardstock – Stacy Julian Core Impressions/Core’dinations
Patterned paper – SEI and BoBunny
Border punch – Recollections
Machine sewing
Button – PaperTrey, Inc.
Doily – Martha Stewart
Leaf punch
Mini sticker letters – Cosmo Cricket
Sandpaper
Foam tape – 3M


SKETCH 79 – FRIENDS FOREVER card

Materials list:
Cardstock – Core Expressions/Core’dinations
Patterned paper – Webster’s Pages
Lace Paper – Anna Griffin
Butterfly stamp – Inkadinkado
Black Versafine stamp pad
Clear embossing powder - Stampendous
Self Adhesive Pearls – Queen & Co.
Rub-on sentiment – Deja Views
Machine sewing
Sandpaper
Foam tape – 3M

13 comments:

  1. I love both of your cards! Beautiful work, Linda. And the purple and orange together is really awesome! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right. I would never think to put orange and purple together. Your card worked perfectly.

    I love those Martha Stewart doilies. So pretty. And that butterfly was amazing. I would have never thought to stamp blank on top of the green gingham paper, but it works great.

    You always give me great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda! I love both your cards. And the pumpking carving looks like fun! Thanks for playing the ColourQ Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous! I love that color combo and the doilie.

    That photo of him with looking in that pumpkin is the CUTEST!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous cards Linda! I so love that doily flower center!

    We carved pumpkins with our boys last night, my middle child wasn't too fond of the guts either. lol!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG OMG the colors, so rich and so deep and so fantastic. Your cards, sigh... oh my goodness!! awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful lacey card Linda! Thanks for sharing. New holiday cards on my blog! www.thestudio56.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowzers sooooooo incredibly GORGEOUS!!! LOVE your cute pumpkin carving photos, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards! And adorable halloween pics :) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome cards Linda . Love that butterfly . Pictures are cool

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!! I just adore these flowers!! Gorgeous colors too!! :) Thanks for sharing the fun photos with us!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your pictures and those cards are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous cards again, Linda! Just beautiful. You did a fabulous job with that color combo and I love the layered flower. Gorgeous embossed butterfly, too.
    How fun your pumpkin carving party looked. I laugh about the gooey insides turning everyone off. My son won't touch the stuff. ;)

    ReplyDelete