Monday, November 14, 2011

Christmas Trees and Owls

 First up, my Unscripted sketches card.  I turned the sketch for my card.
 I used my Art Philosophy Close to My Heart Cricut cartridge.  This cartridge cuts several card shapes and for this one it cuts out the three trees in the front of the card.  I placed a white piece of cardstock behind those trees.
 To go along with the sketch, I pleated a piece of Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker patterned paper from the Gingerbread Lane collection.  I used my Martha Stewart scoreboard to makes my pleats. Across that I placed a sticker strip from the same paper collection. The little sentiment oval is also a sticker from the collection.
Next up, my Card Positioning Systems card for this week.
 The Stamps of Life is our sponsor. It is always so much fun to play along with their stamps.
The owl is a two step stamp.  The branch and leaves are from a different set by The Stamps of Life.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

SKETCH 132 TIS THE SEAON card
Materials list:
Cardstock – Core’dinations
Patterned papers and stickers – Gingerbread Land/Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker
Art Philosophy Close to My Heart Cricut cartridge - shift, Card, 5 ½”
Self adhesive rhinestones – Queen & Co.
Scallop scissors – Fiskars
Martha Stewart score board



SKETCH 244 – OWL ALWAYS BE HERE FOR YOU card

Materials:
Stamp set courtesy of The Stamps of Life
Cardstock – Core’dinations
Patterned paper – Lime Twist/My Mind’s Eye (mini pad)
Black Versafine stamp pad and Memento stamp pads
Foam tape – 3M
Oval shape - Cricut

11 comments:

  1. Lovely cards! I love the trees there, with them cut out, instead of putting them on the card, looks great!
    And the owl is really cute and perfect patterned paper! Very nice!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are toooooooooooo cute! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee the trees and the owl! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite is the owl.So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the first one~ great technique using the squares like that~awesome look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just as cute as can be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! I love it when people create a different look with a familiar technique.. and twist that technique into something new. Just great! And creative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These cards are beautiful, what a great use of color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. owl---so adorable :)
    Also love the first card--great use of the negatives!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great cards, Linda! Love, love, love your CPS card this week! Such great colors and papers. Adore that sweet owl and the matching sentiment. Really love the negative die cutting on the trees on your first card, too. And that paper pleating is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. `Gorgeous` work Linda!!:) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards, Linda! I really like that owl! Thanks for visiting my blog. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete