Monday, March 26, 2012

Flowers and Hearts

I found another challenge that I just needed to play along with!
It's CAS-ual Fridays and the theme is Both & Beautiful or pastel colors with an accent of black. What I loved about this particular challenge is that it could be played any number of ways with any number of pastels colors and still be amazing with a black accent.

Here is my take. I had previously colored this digital stamp from A Day For Daisies. It is actually a row of jars and flowers, I had experimented with a different way to color it and then set it aside. I thought it would be fun to cut out one of the jars, the coloring was pretty pastel and pretty subtle. 
Do you love the dotted background? I stamped a dot stamp by Paper Smooches a couple times on white cardstock and then embossed the dots with white embossing powder. Next I used some Distress Stain to color the background. One thing I really like about using the stain is that you can get an irregular color and I really like that look.

Next up, my Card Positioning Systems sketch card for this week

The Stamps of Life is the sponsor and I picked this great verse stamp. I love it in every way.
I added the three hearts, this isn't really on the sketch but that is what is cool about using a sketch is you can interpret it any way you want. I did some spraying and rubbing to distress the white cardstock that I had stamped the verse on.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

15 comments:

  1. I love love love both of these Linda! I loveeeeeeeee those hearts and the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT take on the challenges, Linda! I love the sunny colors against the black layering! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Hope to see your beautiful work again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creations Linda. Love the flowers on the first and the text backdrop on the second.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both your cards are fabulous! LOVE that polka dot bg and those sweet hearts are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the watercolored flowers with the pearl embellies on the first card and the pretty hearts over the text on the second. Your cards are always inspiring and amazing, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards, as always, Linda! Love your take on the CPS sketch and the card for CAS-ual Friday is just amazing with the fussy cutting *wow* .. love it!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous cards...love those hearts and those flowers are amazing..

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful cards, Linda. Love the text paper on the second one

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both these cards are amazing, but that you stamped each of those dots so perfectly is really great! Love Penny

    ReplyDelete
  10. The background on both - I just LOVE! Always inspired - thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a CAS-ual Fridays fan too! Great cards! Love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cards are always so wonderful Linda! Love the colors you used on that first one! So soft and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty! Love your water colory flowers :) Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh i love them both, but i really love your 1 Corinthians 13... that is AWESOME.. hugs

    ReplyDelete