Sunday, August 26, 2012

Stamped images

I wanted to share a couple cards with you today.
 
 I used stamp images to create my cards.  First off, some great medallions from Wplus9 Designs. I love "doily" style images.  I used the simple color combination challenge at The Play Date Cafe for my card.
 What is fun is that I really could have made this card any color after I stamped the two shapes of the medallions. I did emboss the images with clear embossing powder.  That makes the image stable for using water, etc.  I used a watercolor crayon and scribbled that in the middle of the images and then used a water brush to finish the look.  I then sprayed the entire card with Shimmerz Paintz Coloringz.  It was the exact color to work with the color challenge.
 Here is The Play Date Cafe combo.
 Next up, my Card Positioning Systems card for this week.  All month long our sponsor has been The Stamps of Life and my main focus was her great hexagon stamp set.  The sentiment and the second sentiment are from another set by her.
 I just love the different patterns she has for her hexagons and I used one of Stephanie Barnards Colorbox stamp pads too. 
Here is the CPS sketch we are working with.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

11 comments:

  1. Very pretty card! Thanks for playing this week at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT cards! I especially love the first one - such fabulous stamping and GREAT design + perfect take on the colors too - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cool Play Date Cafe card, Linda!! It's so pretty and so well-executed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards, Linda! I absolutely love your doily card for the Play Date Cafe color challenge. Such a gorgeous combo, and I just adore your design. The gems are the perfect finishing touch. And lovely take on the CPS sketch this week. Another great color combo and I love the hexis. Really fun sentiment, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are amazing Linda!!! I just loveeeeeeeeeeee the colors on these!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantabulous cards as always! ! Love coming here...am always inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the modern design. Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously spot on with those colors in the first card! Very cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely cards, especially your colour splash one, a beautiful way to use our colour palette! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us over at The Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of your cards are sooo creative! Love them - hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Love the colors! I 'm a SOL club member and I LOVE how you used these stamps on this card! Hope you don't mind if I case this card! ;)

    ReplyDelete