Both of the cards I wanted to share today have a chevron kind of design. I love that look.
First off, I wanted to play along with the 10 minute craft dash. The color combination is so cool. I was really able to create this little goodie in just under the 10 minute deadline! I can't believe I could do that but let me tell you, when you are on a time limit you sure can't sit around and try to make decision's!!! You just grab stuff.
The process -
1. I picked out the Hero Arts stamp and the three colors of Distress Stain. START!
2. The three colors of the Distress Stain were applied to the stamp and then spritzed with water.
3. I stamped this on the white cardstock and cut this out to size.
4. I punched the leaf sprig and added that and the two flowers to the card.
5. I picked up the set of Heidi Swapp epoxy words that were on my desk and used one of the words for my sentiment.
6. I took a bottle of red Clearsnap spray ink, took out the sprayer and flicked some of the red ink on my card.
7. DONE!!!Here is a close up of the neat way the colors mixed.
The 10 Minute Craft Dash
For this card, I wanted to use the Seize the Sketch challenge. I turned the sketch on it's side for my card.
The sentiment is from a stamp set I just purchased from Verve stamps. I love sentiments like this that are meant to encourage a friend. The leaves I stamped on here are from Paper Source and then I accented the tap with some punched leaves, the same punch as on the first card.Here is the Seize the Sketch challenge.
And for a photo...
I was watering some of my plants this week and just had to share how pretty this guy is. It just keeps going with those wonderful blooms.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)