Sunday, February 9, 2014

My Flowery Thank You

I used the Freshly Made sketch for my inspiration today.
I had previously stamped and colored the flower so it was fun to pick it up and put it to use.  It is a stamp from Paper Source. It looks kind of fluorescent but it really isn't! Love the sentiment stamp from Wplus9 Designs.

 I inked the leaf sprig stamp with Distress Stain, gave it a spritz of water and stamped it.  I didn't reink it every time and created the background for my card with it.  That stamp is also from Paper Source.  I used a strip of vellum that I embossed with an embossing folder for the piece that goes across the card. It provided a place to add my flower and it also let the stamped background show through.  
Here is the Freshly Made sketch.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

4 comments:

  1. This is just so lovely! I LOVE the images you've used and the dreamy foliage in the background! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the effect you've created with the Distress inks on the leaves. So pretty! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautifully and artistically done, Linda! The vellum adds such an elegant touch.

    ReplyDelete