Sunday, June 21, 2015

A new AAA Cards challenge


 This AAA Cards challenge is a favorite for me, embossing paste and/or stencils.  
 I had to use both! I colored a piece of watercolor paper with Distress Stains to create a background.  I then used a stencil and some silver Studio 490 Wendy Veechi embossing paste.  That flower is from a set by Tim Holtz and Stampers Anonymous and the leaves are from a set by Altenew.  After I stamped them with black ink, I added color with Distress Stains. My "hello" is a die from Mama Elephant and that was also colored with Distress Stains. 
I wanted to try to show off that amazing shine in that silver embossing paste.  What a fun way to add some serious bling.
Be sure to check out the other cards at AAA Cards and to also play along this week.
This also fits the Friday Mashup challenge to use stencils.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

10 comments:

  1. What a fantastic contrasting array of elements put together! The flower looks so wonderful against the partially stencilled background! Love it!
    xx Ashwini

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew this challenge would be right up your street Linda. And of course you've rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous use of this media! You're a queen of technique here. Thanks so much for a great inspiration card showing off how well P & S can be done! Hugs, Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, that silver embossing paste is going right into my cart - wherever I can find it. Such a fabulous mix of color and texture. The wow factor is always there for me when you create. Just fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! I am such a stencil and paste fan as well. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This card is totally amazing!! LOVE the silver texture from your stencil and your multi-rainbow colored flower and sentiment die! Really great design! :) Thanks for sharing! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
    My Blog: Stamp Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! You did an amazing job! Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is sooo beautiful! Greatt texture!! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is so vibrant, just love the colours. And the way you used the paste looks amazing. Thanks so much for having me as a Guest for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so gorgeous - I love the combination of watercolours and silver embossing paste - they complement each other so well. And that flower is so pretty - love the colours you used for it! Your card always have such a great combination of elements - I absolutely love your designs! Jill

    ReplyDelete