Saturday, January 27, 2018

Silver Glitter "love you"

Yes, my card uses hearts and because of the Color Throwdown Color combo I went a bit out of the box for a "love" theme.  
 I also wanted to make good use of the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge for "layer it up" so I went to this adorable multi heart die from Simon Says Stamp.  
 I first of all colored a piece of watercolor paper with some Distress Stain inks, one of them being the silver metallic.  Once this was dry, I used the heart die and cut the shape out of the turquoise paper.  I then cut the heart die again from white cardstock.  The cut out white shape then fit into the same cut out space.  
 I cut the heart shape piece again from a piece of orange paper that I colored with more Distress Stains and again from a silver glitter paper.  This allowed me to randomly insert a few orange hearts and in order to have even more layers, I added a few silver glitter hearts with foam tape.  
 Here you get a better idea of the dimension by using the foam tape.   The little banner is a die from Reverse Confetti and the Simon Says Stamp cut out words are cut from the silver glitter paper.  
 Here is the Color Throwdown challenge
And here is the link to this weeks Simon Says Wednesday Challenge.
I also submitted this card to the Simon Says Flickr challenge of "friend"
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

2 comments:

  1. So pretty! Love how you used the die on your design. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of die cutting but I really love how it turned out with all the layering! Such a great use of the colors too! I'm so glad you joined us at the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete