Saturday, December 27, 2008

The SUNDAY TIMES - 12.28.2008 - Honor

If you've gotten anything
at all out of following Christ,
if His love has made
any difference in your life,
if being in a community of the Spirit
means anything to you,
if you have a heart, if you care—
then do me a favor:
Agree with each other,
love each other,
be deep-spirited friends.
Don't push your way to the front;
don't sweet-talk your way to the top.
Put yourself aside,
and help others get ahead.
Don't be obsessed with getting
your own advantage.
Forget yourselves long enough
to lend a helping hand.

Philippians 2:1-4

Ali Edwards issued a challenge at the beginning of this last year and that was to pick one word that would be your theme through the year. Right away I knew what mine would be - HONOR. When I thought of how I wanted God seeing me, how I wanted others seeing me and how I wanted to see me, my desire would be that I would learn more about what it means to put others first and that I would strive even more to honor everyone who come into my life. I have always endeavored to be kind to those who are in my life or those who come into my life day by day, but I wanted to learn more about what that meant. I wanted it to show in my actions and attitude.

The above verse reads, "if His love has made any difference in your life...agree with each other, love each other" and I know that I want Him to make a difference in my life everyday and I want it to show. When you read this verse from Philippians, take note of what is important in living with and around others.

Now I have to think of one word for this next year unless I want to keep my word for 2008 - surely I could use more practice with that one.

Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

(I took this photo in a garden)

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome scripture passage to reflect on as we hit the New Year. I love it. My word for this year is Simplify. I want to focus on the important things more.

    ReplyDelete