Monday, April 27, 2009

KWdesigns Color Inspiration #50

Guess what we did yesterday??? I just had to share this photo first.
I didn't start playing with these color challenges until just recently and I can tell you, they are so much fun. This week is #50!
Each combo usually takes me "out of my box" because I never stopped to put those particular colors together. For this one this week, it was a real challenge to add the brown in with the other colors.

It was fun to find this adorable patterned paper by We R Memory Keepers that had most of the colors needed and to use that as my base piece.

The chipboard piece was covered with this cute woodgrain patterned paper and I accented that with Cinnamon Stickles. The birds are rub-ons by Luxe and I just rubbed them onto yellow paper. The card base is dot paper by Bo Bunny Press.

I wanted to keep real simple with this card and in order to get that brown in, my card base is brown Core'dinations cardstock. The rub-ons are also brown.
I simply cut thin, uneven strips from the other colors to finish off my color scheme.

Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

LOVE BIRDS card
Materials:
Cardstock – Core’dinations
Patterned Paper – Cosmo Cricket, We R Memory Keepers and Dot paper/Bo Bunny Press
Rub-on – Luxe
Buttons
Chipboard frame – Jenny Bowlin
Chipboard leaf – ColorBok
Martha Stewart Border punch
Corner rounder punch – Fiskars
Stickles
Ribbon
Copic Markers
Foam tape – 3M

SO HAPPY TOGETHER card
Materials:
Cardstock
Rub-on greeting – Deja Views
Flower ribbon trim
Mini glitter brads – We R Memory Keepers
Corner rounder punch – Fiskars
Machine Sewing
Swiss Dot embossing plate - Cuttlebug

26 comments:

  1. Oh...fabulous card!!! I LOVE the brown with those colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Card, I love the strips, and the photo of the bubble is fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic! Love the strips of paper and that flower ribbon strip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGoodness Linda, these are just fabulous!

    It's been such a long time since I played along with a color challenge I forgot how fun they can be!

    Great bubble pic too, I love all the colors!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards!! Love that photo of the soap bubbles, too. Oh, sweet childhood memories... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous cards! I LOVE the addition of the brown...it really makes them pop! I love the bubble photo...there is truly something magical about the simple act of blowing bubbles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. linda, you make such amazing cards! i love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh. Love the bubble pix. The cards are darling. Especially the love birds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous cards, Linda. I love the first one. The layout is beautiful - the ribbon divine! Adore those strips of cardstock and the ribboned flowers on card #2. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both are super duper cute! My fave is the first one. Awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Linda, both of these are adorable !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards! I'm worried you will be disqualified because she said one card or you are completely disqualified. Hopefully not because they are adorable! hugs from Conroe, TX!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, these rock. you have such an eye!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cool is this? those strips are so simple but so awesome looking! gosh girl..you are good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great cards! That "love birds" card couldn't be any cheerier! I love your use of the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Linda your cards are sooo fun & HAPPY!!! I ♥♥♥ them!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great cards - wonderful color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute cards! I really love the one on the bottom with the flowers over the stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  19. it is really difficult to pick a favorite...I love them both!! I'm going to have to try the uneven strips - it adds a fun detail to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Totally gorgeous cards! The second one is my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So cute! I LOVE the first card! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dang, you are good. I'm such a newbie in comparison, but I learn a little something from you every time.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both of these cards are just AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous cards, Linda! I just discovered your blog and I'll definitely come back regularly.
    Thanks for your nice comment on my blog.
    CC

    ReplyDelete