I wanted to share the following layout with a number of interesting computer generated accents, also referred to as Digital techniques. The original photo that is further down in this post had a great photo of Riley but there were lots of conflicting things in the background like other kids running and a fence, etc.
1. I used Magic Splash.com. This program turns the photo black and white and then allows you to pick areas to "add color back". This program puts back the original color so I used it on his uniform.
2. Now my background is black and white and I took an eraser tool and "took out" the conflicting things that were still in the background after I cropped the photo.
3. I used a Magic Tool in one of my photo editing programs that takes out the color of areas that you select. So all of the grass, the fence and bushes are changed in color, making them not obvious and adding emphasis to Riley, my star here.
4. I added "text" into the photo before I printed it out. That allowed me to add my title and to pick the color of those letters. Now I didn't have to find letters to use that would match or work the way I wanted.
5. I printed out the photo, it is mounted on black cardstock and I added the punched out circle accents with brads added to the circles.
I love to just sit and play with photos when I have time and this was a really fun exercise with a fun result.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)