Friday, November 20, 2009

It is the time of falling leaves

I found this little bag of the neatest fall colored leaves at a craft store and so I pulled them out this week. My card is based on the bonus sketch at 2 Sketches 4 You.
So, what could be better then a fall themed card?
I punched a circle from the dot patterned paper and formed a wreath with those leaves. I just glued them in place.
And, can you guess what my most recent craft purchase is? This amazing border punch by Martha Stewart! WOW. I punched it with some Jenni Bowlin Core'dinations cardstock. You can see the text embossed design in it when I sanded it.
******
And, I want to share a few more photos from our recent trip. These were taken along the Columbia River in Oregon.
We were driving just outside of Hermiston as the sun was getting low. All of a sudden I could see the amazing beauty in the side mirror.
Have you seen wind turbins before? As we drove along the Columbia River, we came to an area where these giants were lining the hills. I loved the late day sun shining on them.
This photo is just off to the side of the car, the sky full of amazing clouds and again, the sun getting low.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

FALLING LEAVES card
Core'dinations Jenni Bowlin cardstock
Core'dinations Core Essentials cardstock
October Afternoon patterned paper
Leaves from a craft store
Martha Stewart border punch
Twine
Rub-on words - Making Memories
Sandpaper

13 comments:

  1. Linda-I love this Fall card you created with die cut leaves and the border you did with the embossed JB paper is fabulous! It's perfectly lined up with the punch. Looks it was a beautiful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda!
    I subscribe to your beautiful blog and just thought I'd tell you I live over here in Eastern Oregon!! If you stayed on I84 and came down toward Baker City you would have been in 'my area'!!

    Gorgeous, isn't it??

    Love your beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love those leaves! :) Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing card...amazing photos! I'm so in love with that wreath and that punched border!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooohhh very pretty! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that new punch. AND I love that camera, beautiful pictures, I love them all, but the one in the rear view mirror is so awesome.
    And of course I love you card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lynda your card is `GORGEOUS `
    wOW love the photo`s of your trip!!!!!TFS:0)x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Linda - love the punch - looks awesome with the core!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Linda! I love the wreath, and that MS punch is fabulous! I'll need to break mine out and play with it, too!

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great looking card, Linda!!!
    Love the photos!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so glad that I am not the only one who takes pictures from a moving car! I just see so much beauty but don't want to keep stopping the car, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the 3-D card. And.....all the photos!

    ReplyDelete