Saturday, March 23, 2013

New Spray colors!

Can I say that the weather around my parts is beyond perfect and amazing!!! We are having spring weather that is just plain wonderful and it makes me so happy. I'm of the camp who think that the weather should always be perfect, at least I can marvel at the days that are.  I was able to get out in the yard and get a bunch of clean up work done. We had so many plants that really needed some serious trimming before they get out of hand. It sure feels good. 
And now for the card I want to share with you today...
 I love the color combination at Colour Q so I needed to get a card together using that combo.  I started by creating my background.  I just received some wonderful sprays from Clearsnap.  They are from a new collection by Stephanie Barnard and I am so in love with them already. I love that they are solid colors, most sprays have a sparkle look to them which is fine, just not always the look I want. I first sprayed the cardstock with the Banana yellow and then placed a stencil over that that is circles and sprayed again. I really liked the resulting layers.
 My accent pieces are cut with the Cricut. I have so much fun discovering new shapes that are on the cartridges that I own.  I loved making it fit the color combo too. The black pearl-looking accents are Liquid Pearls.
Here is the Colour Q combo.
I also used the CAS-ual Fridays challenge that is "no stamps".  I have been using stamps so much lately that I knew this was going to be a challenge for sure but with the help of my Cricut, I did it!!

Here is that challenge.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

10 comments:

  1. Such a pretty and classy card, Linda!
    Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooooo beautiful!! LOVING the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always a fan of your cards! Love the color combo and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card - have just about convinced myself I need one of these machines!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card Linda - love the design! So great to see you playing with us at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, how beautiful and intricate! I love those black pearl accents too! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very dramatic card, very elegant! Thanks for joining us this week at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  9. very unique design on this one~I like it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, this is so very detailed! thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete