Monday, March 18, 2013

Stamps and Punches

I wanted to use a couple challenges, but what else is new!!!
 First up, I used the color combination at Dynamic Duos. The combo of the black and yellow with some white makes me so happy!
 I wanted to create my own pattern of the black and yellow so I use a set from Wplus9 Designs that I so love and some Clearsnap inks.  The black design is cut with the Cricut and the word "hope" is a die cut from Wplus9 Designs.
 Here is this weeks Dynamic Duos challenge.

Lately I have seen talk regarding Ombre coloring and it was fun to give it a try.  Moxie Fab has issued a challenge to create a card with an Ombre look.  For my card it was pretty easy after I pulled out a set of cardstocks that were of the same family but each piece was a little darker then the other.
I then accented my strips of cardstock with punched flowers using all of the same shades.  The punch is from Martha Stewart. I thought it was so fun what a simple look this created.

 This card fits with the Avery Elle photo inspiration challenge.  I was taken with the simplicity of the photo yet the neat dynamic to that photo.  With that, I also went with a simple look and I thought the color combination gave my card a similar dynamic.
 I stamped two of the flowers from a set of stamps by Avery Elle and cut both out.  When I placed them on my card, I layered them with some foam tape between the layers. The cardstock comes with that embossed design on it already and the sentiment is from Simon Says.
Here is the Avery Elle inspiration photo.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

12 comments:

  1. All your cards turned out wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all so beautiful! You are always amazing with the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have been busy!! These are all favorites!! You really hit the nail on the head with the challenges!!:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards - love them! Great embossing and stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a busy gal! I love your Dynamic Duo card-the boldness of the patterned paper and the sentiment make it super cool. Thanks for playing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards! Love the black cut-out behind the 'hope' on the yellow one - very striking! Thanks for playing along with Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of your cards are terrific. I love your take on our challenge picture and the way you stacked the two flowers. Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete