Friday, July 5, 2013

A little bit of play time

Whenever I have a few minutes to play around with paper, glue and stamps, I love to turn to an online challenge or sketch. Here I went to the retro sketch.
 I created the interesting background with a Hero Arts background stamp. I love the pink and that it didn't stamp completely. I added some pink Liquid Pearls to the pattern.
 For my one larger accent piece to match the sketch, I went to a digital stamp set from Hero Arts.  I had purchased it from 2 peas but it doesn't seen to be available there anymore. I picked the size I wanted and the cut it out. I colored it with Stephanie Barnard spray inks from Clearsnap. I masked off portions so I could spray different colors in each section. LOVE how it turned out. The sentiment is also from Hero Arts.
 Here is the retro sketch.
And for a quick little photo...
We went to find a fireworks display last night and loved it!!! They were setting off any fireworks in our own town this year so we went to a neighboring town, stopping off for some really good pizza first!
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous!! LOVING that butterfly!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beauitful card Linda. That butterfly is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. I would never have thought to color the butterfly this way ... but now I will give it a try. I like the Liquid Pearls on background too.

    ReplyDelete