Tuesday, July 30, 2013

It's all fun!!

I mean stamping and creating! LOVE to make cards.
 I went to the CAS(e) this sketch for my card and I need to add a disclaimer here. After I created my card using the sketch, I took a closer look and realized one of the DT members used one of these same stamps to create the look only she did turn the sketch.  I just didn't want anyone to think I couldn't think of anything else but to copy her!!!!
 I had just received this stamp set from Hero Arts in the mail so of course they needed to be used and this brush stroke stamp was the perfect fit to the sketch.  I loved using the bright colors that really looked like watercolors.  The other accents for the card are also Hero Arts stamps.
 Here is that CAS(e) this sketch.
 Plus, I also wanted to use the retro sketch.  Another disclaimer! I don't usually go with the obvious when using a sketch but I love hot air balloons and I had this cool one on a Cricut cartridge!
 I stamped the dictionary background stamp from Hero Arts with white ink and embossed it with white and then sprayed color over that.  Everything else is cut with the Cricut.
Here is the retro sketch.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

9 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeeee the color streaks on the first one and the balloon on the second one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so going to have to check out those brush stroke stamps, Linda! LOVE your card to bits, and the second is an absolutely perfect take on the sketch! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the elements into this Case this sketch card!! Woop Woop, so Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the look of the brushstrokes. How funny that we both have hot air balloon projects up today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is totally cool! Love both cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool cards Linda. Especially love the first one... those brushstroke lines look great and the other images on top... very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATS -Well deserved FAVE, your card was definitely TOPS to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. BOTH great cards for these challenges, Linda! Congratulations on the Favorites honor from CTS!!

    ReplyDelete