Sunday, November 30, 2014

It's chilly outside

At least that is what my card looks like - here in Southern California we really are not all that cold even with a little bit of welcome rain.
 I used one of my newest Tim Holtz stamps for the main image on my card.  A snowman doesn't usually take a whole lot of coloring so that is good.  The most fun part of my card is the background.  I blended on color with a few shades of Distress Ink.  That was then splattered with a little bit of water and some dots using a stencil and some Soft Gesso. 
 I cut the snowman out and added him with foam tape for dimension.  His black hat was given a coat of Glossy Accents so it was shiny.  
I used the wonderful colors from Color Throwdown for my inspiration.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! I loveeeeee that snowman!!!!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Awesome card Linda. Love the cute snowman and the mixed media background. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

Vickie Z said...

LOVE the background you created... The TH Santa is perfect!! Thxs formjoiningnus at CTD!!

Vickie Z said...

Typing too fast....Thxs for playing at CTD!