Sunday, December 14, 2014

The AAA Cards challenge and Christmas plaid


 Swoon, plaid just seems to go with a Christmas theme. So glad it is part of the AAA Cards challenge for the next two weeks. 
 I pulled out a piece of red plaid patterned paper and the rest was simple.  The square frames were cut with my new My Favorite Things dies.  Love the "Merry" die by Simon Says Stamp cut from red glitter cardstock.
That neat snowflake stamp is by Tim Holtz.  I embossed it with white on black cardstock.  The square it is one is added with foam tape for dimension although that is a little bit hard to see here.
Hope you can play along at AAA Cards.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

8 comments:

  1. A beautiful CAS take on the photo inspiration. The red and black has a lovely sense of drama and the snowflake in the middle is the perfect touch.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Linda and great take on the photo inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love plaid and you've used it to such a nice effect here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so agree with you about plaid being a very festive pattern to create with. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally handsome graphic snowflake surrounded by the fabulous plaid, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really handsome graphic snowflake and love that is on the black paper and embossed with white..so stricking...and I adore your Plaid...great DT card with Plaid and I just join the Plaid Christmas card too..wish you have 2-3 minutes to visiting me back and see my hand made plaid paper...happy Holiday dear Linda...hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete