I love to play and experiment and this finished card is a good example of that.
I started out adding some Distress Stains to watercolor paper. When this paper is spritzed with some water first, the inks run and create the best, unexpected look. When this was dry, I added some embossing ink over the color and sprinkled some clear Ultra Thick embossing powder over it. I heated that layer and then added some more of the thick clear powder.
When this was cooled, I gently made this thick embossed area crack. It ended up as a great big distressed background. The butterfly stamp and matching die is from Clearly Besotted and the die cut word is from Mama Elephant. Both the butterfly and the word are colored with Distress Stains.
This fits the Addicted to CAS Distress challenge.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)