Sunday, March 1, 2015

Rain is a comin'- Newest AAA Card challenge

 We are expecting rain where I live so the newest AAA Card challenge is so appropriate. 
 I knew exactly what I wanted to use for this challenge, this super cute stamp set from Pink Paislee and it has a matching umbrella die.  In order to keep it on the simple side, I stamped the sentiment and the clouds on my watercolor paper with white ink and embossed them with white embossing powder.  The embossed images then acted as a resist when I added the various Distress Stain inks.  
I just love the way these Distress Stains react with water for a resulting watercolor look.  You can see in this close up how the embossed images resist the inks.  For the umbrella, I stamped it the same way on another piece of watercolor paper and then added ink to it then cut it out with the matching die.  I added it with foam tape. I love that this dimension adds a little bit of interest.  
Be sure to check out what the other team members created and take the time to play along with us at AAA Cards for the Rain challenge.

Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

17 comments:

  1. You always excel at watercolouring and this card is brilliant. By the way I'm loving your tulip page header too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful detail and watercoloring! Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog header makes me hopeful that spring will finally come! Love your card. The color choices of your inks are perfect. Love the texture in the umbrellas and clouds, the splashes of blue on either side. Just a wonderful creation. It is lovely to be part of this DT with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the umbrella!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just fabulous!! Love the colors you used~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card and so fun that you've and Victoria used the same image. Love the technique and design. So thrilled to be on the team with you Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous watercolor emboss resist!!! Such a pleasure to be on the AAA team now with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your white-embossing is awesome, Linda! Love the artsy and colorful background! Well done! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All Things Embossed” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is unreal! I just love the sentiments and watercolour look :) I saw your card on AAA Cards and had to come over and tell you how great it is!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The distress ink wicking at the edges make this look so much more organic and natural. I really like it. And amazing how 2 DT members came up with almost the same card - same colors and everything. What are the chances!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great minds think th......You know I love it! Big hugs sweetie it's looks great your way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So lovely! Bright and cheery cards are my favourite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, this wonderful card makes me happy. :) Love the splashes of color!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely gorgeous! What you've done with color is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love emboss resist... Your card is very fun, what a creative layout and great use of colors! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card Linda, you have some fabulous cards on your blog ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the watercolur look on your card!
    Thank you for playing with us at INK.
    Pia xx

    ReplyDelete