Saturday, May 30, 2015

Colorful Paper Smooches goodness

I wanted to play along with the Paper Smooches Sparks sketch.  It is always fun to play along with a challenge plus I love Paper Smooches stamps and dies.  
 To go along with the circle element on the sketch, I used the zig zag circle nested dies and embossed that design into my watercolor colored paper.  
 I stamped the flower sprig with white ink and embossed that with white embossing powder and after I cut it out with the matching die, I added color with Distress Stains.  Because the stains come with a dabber top, it is pretty easy to add the colors in the places you want them.  They will run together to go with the watercolor look.  I love that "happy birthday" word die so it was a great finish to my card.

 Here is the Paper Smooches Sparks sketch.
It also fits the Friday Mashup challenge to use watercolor techniques.  I can't seem to get enough of playing with that look.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

5 comments:

  1. Hi Linda, what a bright and happy card! Anyone would love to receive that for their birthday! Your watercolouring is brilliant. The colours blend so well. Thanks so much for joining us this week for the Friday Mashup Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card, and bold colors! I love your nested dies background, gonna have to try that! Thanks for playing along at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE your take on the Sketch this Week!! WOWOWOWOW!! Such a FUN Design! THANKS SO MUCH for playing along with us on the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge Blog and I hope you'll join in on the FUN again next week!! Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your card on the Paper Smooches Facebook page--- Congrats on being a FB Featured Fan!

    LOVE this card--- WOOOOOOOOOOWZA! This has so many elements and beautiful/bold colors! LOVE it all <3

    THANKS for joining in the fun with the PSS challenge:) Hope you join in the fun again soon!

    ReplyDelete