Friday, May 22, 2015

Texture and Color

I wanted to play with some online challenges with a stencil background, great colors and a neat sketch. 
 First off, I used the Simon Says Wednesday challenge to use a stencil and I used the featured company, The Crafters Workshop.  I love their stencils so this a pretty easy choice.  I reached for my embossing paste in white.  Once this was dry, I used three main shades of Distress Stains to color the dried paste.  The colors fit the Colour Me challenge. The sentiment is also from Simon Says Stamp. 
 I took this photo at an angle to try to show off the amazing texture of the paste.  Plus I love how the inks colored the stencil designs.  The butterfly is a stamp with a matching die from Clearly Besotted.  I stamped it in white, embossed it with white embossing powder and then added color with Distress Stains.  
 Here is the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge, stencil it
Here is the Colour Me challenge.
Here is the Freshly Made sketch.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and fabulous colors! I just love this color combo. Thank you so much for playing along with us in the Stencil It Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! The texture is amazing. I've never tried sponging embossing paste but you've inspired me to give it a try! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing card. I love design background and beautiful colors. Great stencils! Beautiful card details are a mesmerizing.
    Regards,
    Bozena

    ReplyDelete
  4. You brought the colors together beautifully in the stunning background of this card. It is pretty art piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love all that texture - great take on the challenges

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for joining us at Colour me...! this week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the stenciled background! Wow, Linda! This is incredible and the colours are gorgeous together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm such a fan of your cards! This is fun and catchy- so neat you were inspired to make a second! Gotta love watercolor! Yea! Hugs, Victoria

    ReplyDelete