Saturday, December 19, 2015

Prettiest Snowflakes

I love mixing colors on a card and stamping snowflakes is the perfect time to use that combo.
 I have a thing for snowflake stamps and snowflake dies so I knew I needed this set from Tim Holtz.  Each one is so lacy.  Each snowflake was inked with Distress Stamp pad inks on watercolor paper then I spritzed the images with water so they would end up a little "messy".  
 I stamped the sentiment first and embossed the black ink with clear embossing powder so the ink wouldn't run as I added the other colors.   I added dot accents here and there with Stickles.  
My card fits this Color Throwdown challenge.
Plus I thought it fit the Time Out challenge.  I know they are circles but I thought the way they were scattered reminded me of this photo.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

3 comments:

  1. So gorgeous! LOVING those snowflakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! The colours you chose for the snowflakes are gorgeous and that water spritzing is messy perfection! Thanks for sharing it with us at Time Out! Jill

    ReplyDelete