Thursday, December 17, 2015

Snowflake time

Well, we won't really get any snowflakes where I live but I sure love using snowflakes for winter anyway.
I first of all I used a snowflake plate from Lil' Inker and embossed the entire piece using watercolor paper.  Next I took one of my Zig Clear Color pens and added some color.  I then used a watercolor brush to "paint" each embossed snowflake.  I loved the resulting soft look.  The sentiment from Simon Says Stamp was stamped on vellum.  I like that I could add the sentiment is a subtle way.  

 I also cut out snowflakes from this set of Lil' Inker dies, I love the stitching marks that are in the dies.  I sprayed the cut out snowflakes with Brushed Pewter Distress Spray.  I placed the die cut snowflakes over some of the embossed snowflakes.  
 The card fits the Inkspirational FLAKE challenge.
 The colors fit the Sunday Stamps challenge.
Plus it fits the Simon Says Wednesday Die Cut challenge.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

8 comments:

  1. Love the soft blue!! The embossed background really enhances your die cut snowflakes, Linda! Brilliant work (as always)! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Die Crazy” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! LOVING the snowflakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely, the background is gorgeous
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your soft and airy background...just stunning! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps this week...hope we see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is gorgeous! love the gorgeous snowflakes and the vellum sentiment is perfect! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps! XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. This turned out just beautiful! So soft and pretty! Thanks so much for joining Sunday Stamps! This week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Linda! Love the design and all of those pretty snowflakes!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card! The colors lend to such an elegant look. I like the different types of snowflakes. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete