Saturday, April 16, 2016

Hello Sunshine

I found a few minutes to play with some online challenges so I first of all went with the color combination of the Color Throwdown blog.
I went with my most favorite way to create a background with Distress Stains.  I added the inks directly to an acrylic block, one color at a time, gave the ink a spritz of water and smooched it onto my watercolor paper, sliding the acrylic block down the paper.  This makes what I call a "messy" background.  I used the Freshly Made sketch to create the layout of my card.  The sentiment is from Wplus9 Designs.
I used a flower from a collection by Tim Holtz, coloring them with Distress Stains and a little accent with a Distress Crayon.  I love the way the Distress products work together so well.  

Here is the Freshly Made sketch.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! LOVING the colors and those flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your incredible smooshed background! This is a gorgeous use of the throwdown colors! So glad you were able to join us this past week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! That background is just amazing and I love those bold, yellow flowers! So pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo, such lovely summer colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing along with us over at the Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful background to show off those gorgeous flowers! Love your card! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete