Thursday, January 31, 2019

Sweet Birthday Wishes

I don't seem to make enough birthday themed cards so it was great to have the CAS on Friday challenge to help me with that for this card I'm sharing. 
 I started off cutting the scallop circle from a set of dies from My Favorite Things, one of my newest purchases from Simon Says Stamp.  It gave a great piece for grounding my other elements.  I wanted a playful yellow background but I didn't like plain yellow cardstock so I used a piece of watercolor paper, I embossed the circles into it and then added color with Distress Spray.  This ended up giving it a little bit of texture.  
 The little tiger is a stamp from a set by Reverse Confetti, another new purchase from Simon Says Stamp.  I colored this cutie with Zig Clean Color markers on watercolor paper.  I used a stencil to add purple dots to the circle and then accented them with Nuvo Crystal drops.  
 Here is the Paper Players sketch challenge.
 Here is the CAS(e) this sketch challenge which is so similar to the Paper Players.  
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet card, love the sunny colours.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete