Friday, March 13, 2009

Gotta make cards from challenges!!!

Do you understand???? I LOVE challenges and so I picked a couple to work with this week. The first one is sketch #5 on Card Patterns, a card sketch site.
I was in Michaels and came across this little tag book of a mix of paper patterns from ColorBok and since I love this color of green with black, I knew I had to have it plus it was in the $1 bin!!! I combined some of the prints with some Cornish Heritage Farms stamps by my friend, Kim Hughes.

I did emboss the shoe with black ink and powder so that the finished image was more intense. And that little border design is pleated paper. Kind of a fun and different accent.



This next card is using the color inspiration for this week. There aren't very many colors to this scheme for this week but oh was it fun to work with. I picked some metallic Stardream paper by Cut CardStock.com in a gunmetal color.

The butterflies are also by Kim Hughes and Cornish Heritage Farms. I embossed them with the black so they are real intense in color. The gunmetal metallic paper was dry embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing plate.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)


BLACK AND WHITE SHOE/HELLO card
Materials:
Cardstock – Cut CardStock.com
Patterned papers - ColorBok
Stamps – Shoe and Hello stamps – Little Gal/Kim Hughes collection/Cornish Heritage Farms
Versafine black stamp pad
Clear embossing powder
Clearsnap Fluid chalk stamp pads
Ribbon and machine sewing
Circle and Scallop circle punch – PaperShapers/EK Success
Tiny flower punch – PaperShapers/EK Success
Glitter brads – Making Memories

PRECIOUS/BLACK BUTTERFLIES card
Materials:
Cardstock – Cryogen White, Stardream and Eaames Graphite/Cut CardStock.com
Stamps – Little Solid Butterfly/Sweet Spring/Kim Hughes collection/Cornish Heritage Farms
Cuttlebug embossing plate – Provo Craft
Versafine black stamp pad
Clear embossing powder
Lacey border punch – Martha Stewart
Swirl Rhinestones – Prima
Black self adhesive pearls – Mark Richards, Inc.
Rub-on word – Making Memories
Ribbon - Michaels

12 comments:

  1. Both of your cards are great. I love the color combo you used for the CP sketch. The stitching is nice and the papers are cute! Thanks for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this color combo - just saw another striking card doing it, as well. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your card with Kim's shoe. Have a wonderful weekend, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well I loooove these cards Linda, using those fabulous Kim Hughes stamps and the papers in first card match the stamps so well!!! :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cards are so cute. Makes me want to make one too. The Color Inspiration one is quite nice with the gemstones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooooo very cool card. love your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are super cute! I just picked up that same paper from the first card at Michael's tonight for my daughter's b-day party scrapbook night! Such cute paper for only $1! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are gorgeous, Linda. I really like your take on the CP sketch. Thanks for playing along with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards Linda (as usual!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous Linda! I love your blog, thanks for stopping by mine, it's so nice to meet new people!! You have fantastic work:-)

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love both these cards! The shoe is too cute and I really love grey right now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love grey, so this is more than awesome to me! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards! I love the one for K Werner, so elegant!
    I am a total challenge addict too!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete