Sunday, May 24, 2009

It's All About COLOR Today

I have loved using sketches for some time but my new found love are color challenges! I just love thinking how I would put those colors together.
The first one is KWernerDesigns color inspiration #53. I so love the way she shows us the colors to use.
I always seem to have a ton of ideas that enter my imagination but this is what I settled on for this try. The funny part is that we went to dinner and across from me was a gal with an adorable top on and it was black/white/yellow with large white dots across the top and I knew that was what I was going to start with. The cardstock for the card base is Core'dinations Black Magic cardstock in Freeze. The top side is black and the core in a wonderful blue. On the outside of my card, I scored lines with the Scor-pal tool and then when I sanded these lines, the blue core was exposed to help further the color scheme. A huge plus is that the inside of the card is that same wonderful blue.

I punched white circles and glued those to a black strip of the same cardstock and then I used these adorable Studio G stamps for the flowers and that cute bee. Blue rhinestones for the middles of the flowers was a fun way to finish the card. (Notice the sanded edges of the card too)

To make it even better, the Moxie Fab blog issues a color challenge for this week and of course, I needed to pull out more papers to play along with that too.
I used this wonderful yellow Core'dinations cardstock for the card base and once again, pulled out my Scor-pal and created the criss cross design. When I sanded those lines, the core to this cardstock was exposed.
The butterflies are a green Core'dinations cardstock. I used one of my favorite dies, a 2 step die and embossing set by Cuttlebug. The die cuts the butterfly shape and then you have a choice of four embossed designs. I used the swiss dot embossing plate and again, when that was sanded, the core of the cardstock was exposed. Green rhinestones were the finishing touch.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

LOVE BLOSSOMS card
Materials:
Cardstock –Black Magic and Core Essentials/Core’dinations
Scor-Pal tool
Apron Lace Border punch – Fiskars
Corner rounder punch - Fiskars
Stamps – Studio G
Versamark black stamp pad
Detail clear embossing powder – Stamp n Stuff
Rhinestones – Darice
Rub-on words – Making MemoriesSandpaper


YOU MAKE ME SMILE card
Materials:
Cardstock –Core-Essentials/Core’dinations
Butterfly die and embossing plate – Cuttlebug
Scallop circle and circle punches – PaperShapers/EK Success
Rub-on greeting – Melissa Frances
Scor-pal tool
Sandpaper
Machine sewing
Rhinestones – Darice

23 comments:

  1. Love your Kwerner card! Very pretty! and.. I have already said it but... I love the Moxie Fab Card. Gotta get me one of those Scor-pals... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are soo adorable! Makes me want to break out my Co'ordinations cardstock & Scor-Pal and do some scorin' & sandin'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, Linda -- love the happy colors and Core'dinations cardstock embossed and sanded!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, I love your cards. And you do such a wonderful job of explaining everything... thank you for sharing. I love the butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  5. FAbulous cards!! I love the polka dots you made and how you scored the cards and sanded them to show the core color! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the scoring, Linda - great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both great Linda but I adore the colors and layout on the second...I have always been a huge fan of soft yellow and green together!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Linda FABULOUS! I love the diamond pattern and the bubble bee card rocks!! Can I say it again WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Their both so beautiful, but I really adore the second one! Cath will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards, Linda! I hadn't heard about the Moxie Fab challenge before, gonna have to look at it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are terrific, I never tried a color challenge. Maybe it is time too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet cards!! LOVE what you did here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are fabulous Linda! I love the clean graphic designs!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute cards! I love the sanded scoring. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous cards Linda! Love what you did with the cardstock!

    ReplyDelete
  16. More beautiful creations, Linda!! Those butterflies are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous!! I love that you were inspired by the lady's top. That's awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I, too, LOVE my Scorpal and I LOVE how you used it on this card. The sanding technique to show the blue core was genius! VERY cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great job using your Scor-pal! I use a Scor-it board and often think I should by myself a pal too!:) Great use of those butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good Night, these are so beautiful. love your use of the scor-it, wow it adds so much to the dimension & texture & you use it beautifully!!! i love your little bee, omgosh adorable!!!

    hugs & so much love!
    danni

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your CARD makes me smile - so cheery! Love the scored background and those are such bright butterflies. Love it!

    ReplyDelete