Sunday, May 30, 2010

Stars, Rain and Baseball

For my Card Positioning Systems card this week. This was such a fun sketch to work with because it was so different. I challenge you to give it a try. I used a Fourth of July theme and then realized that it really was fitting to today too with it being Memorial Day.
I always love the red, white and blue color scheme that makes us think of America and this also gave me a great reason to use this wonderful, chipboard star by Magistical Memories. The papers are by Daisy Bucket and Shabby Green Door.
Notice the red, embossed cardstock. That is Jenni Bowlin Core Impressions cardstock by Core'dinations, the text letters come embossed in it.
I colored the chipboard by patting it thoroughly with a white stamp pad and then embossed it with clear embossing powder. I love the look that gave it.
And, here is a layout I finished recently. The photos are from our "rainy day" little outing. My granddaughter was standing under a water spout and I just loved how casual she was standing there, enjoying the rain.
All of the papers are My Mind's Eye, I love papers that coordinate so well. Notice my NEW Martha Stewart border punch!
***
And, what would a post be without some pics!
Baseball is almost finished around here, but our grandson was able to pitch in a couple of his games and he was soooooo happy about it and took it so seriously. It was so much fun to see how much he cared about this position.
We took our youngest grandson to this game and he thought he was so cool, climbing all the way to the top of the bleachers! You can tell how cool he thought he was by that huge smile on his face.

This play structure is in our backyard. It really did start out small and grandpa just had to keep going, as he added to it. The kids LOVE it and our own kids are jealous that something like this wasn't built for them! Grandkids do enjoy a ton of extras your own kids don't! We just started letting our youngest grandson go up in this and let me tell you, HE LOVES IT!
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)


SKETCH 169 – GOD BLESS AMERICA card
Materials:
Cardstock – Core Essentials and Jenni Bowlin Core Impressions/Core’dinations

Patterned paper – Daisy Bucket Designs/Shabby Green Door
Letter stickers – October Afternoon
Chipboard star – Magistical Memories
White stamp pad – ColorBox/Clearsnap
Clear embossing powder – Stampendous
Big Brad – Creative Expressions
Circle template - Coluzzle
Sandpaper


RAINY DAY layout
Materials:
Cardstock – Core Impressions/Core’dinations
Patterned paper and scallop circle die cut – My Mind’s Eye
Sticker letters – David Walker
Border punch – Martha Stewart
Machine sewing
Scallop circle punch – Marvy
Corner rounder punch – Fiskars
Font -
Sandpaper

8 comments:

  1. Great card. This week's sketch does look a little challenging. I hope I find some time to try it.

    My son played baseball one year, when he was in sixth grade. He got to pitch two innings and he was very pleased with himself as well. But that was a long time ago and I still remember it so clearly.

    That play structure in your backyard is awesome. It looks almost like a fantasy land. I think I need one of those in my yard as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore what you did with the sketch, especially those textured texty rings ... awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that sketch is indeed quite different and your card will be out for pub soon, no doubt about it!! It's brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful projects Linda! I love your patriotic card and the fresh colors of your LO!

    Wow, that is SOME play structure! My boys would be so jealous!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  5. God Bless America indeed! Nice card. Love that layout too! Lovely pictures Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice card! sure is great to be able to share in those wonderful moments with the grandkids! I cant wait till I can!oh- I seriously NEED that ms border punch..Is that one of the bigger (fat) ones? or reg size? awesome! enjoy your holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looove that card, the star is jaw-dropping. Gorgeous stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your grandchildren are so adorable, Linda! Love the rainy day page! It looks reeeeallly rainy!!!!

    ReplyDelete