Thursday, July 22, 2010

Designer Clouds!

I am a sucker for just about anything that has a houndstooth pattern to it and so this cute set of stamps by My Stamp Box is right up my alley and I had to put it to use.


Kazan's 2 Sketches 4 You sketch #57 was just the design idea that I needed. The cardstock for the card base is a newer Core Impressions piece from Core'dinations cardstock. It comes with that embossed design on it already, all it needed was a little bit of sanding. The patterned papers are by Little Yellow Bicycle.
Are these just the cutest little sun and clouds images you have ever seen? There are other designed clouds in the set too. I stamped the clouds with a Versafine black stamp pad and then embossed them with clear embossing powder. The sun is colored with Copic markers and the little bit of glitter that you see if Glitter 3-D Fashion Paint by Tulip. I love this glitter because it is so easy to use, easy to find and it adds glitter and it still lets you see the color underneath. The white, embossed scallop is a sticker by Martha Stewart.
***
One CUTE photo to share
This wonderful and smiley expression is from last Saturday when we were playing with water in the backyard. This little guy can play with water forever!
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

CLOUDY DAY - CHEERS card
Materials list:
Cardstock – Core Impressions/Core’dinations
Patterned paper – My Little Yellow Bicycle

Black Versafine stamp pad
Clear embossing powder – Stampendous
Stamps – Wishing You Sunshine/My Stamp Box
Alphabet stickers – October Afternoon
Foam tape – 3M
Sandpaper

14 comments:

  1. Wow! The colors are so lovely!! And so does the clouds and the sun! It's too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, What a cute card! Love your design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the card, and your little guy is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute, cute, odstooth for the clouds, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off...your grandson is just about the cutest thing EVER!! My 2yr. old grandson is the same way about water...loves it!! Now lets get to that wonderful card...oh my houndstooth + polka dots + clouds...truly my idea of heaven!! LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the clouds! Adorable baby pic! That kid is really photogenic!! he he he!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww! that photo is so cute! I also love that card, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card and adorable photo. Seems that you have a lot of photos of him playing in water. You can really tell how much he loves water.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable card and little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute is that card and your little guy is just as adorable as always!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those clouds Linda, adorable card! Your grandson is getting so big and so so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you have such a wonderful knack with colors and design Linda!!!! I love the patterned clouds with that pop of mustard!
    Thanks for joining us at 2S4Y this week
    :) Kazan

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is adorable, Linda! What a great take on Kazan's sketch this week and what fabulous stamping. Such fun patterns for those clouds and I adore the sparkle on the sun.
    And what a treat your photos always are! That infectious smile on your Grandbaby's face just makes me smile! What a cutie he is!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my word! I just love, love, love this card and what an adroable picture!

    ReplyDelete