Saturday, April 26, 2014

Loving Turquoise

I love the color turquoise! Red is my favorite but turquoise would be a close second. It is just so bright and happy looking.  SOOOOO, the color combo for the AE challenge was right down my alley for wanting to use. 
 I had so much fun creating this background.  I took three different stamps from the Ikat Additions set.  I spritzed water on my textured white cardstock and then stamped those stamps randomly to fill the paper. I used two colors of ink but "stamped off most of the stamps and that gave me darker and lighter shades of the same color to help me fit the color combo.  Because my paper was wet, the inks ran so neat. 
 These little flowers are so cute and LOVE the writing in this set of sentiments. I chose to stamp my little label on vellum so that I wasn't totally covering up my neat background. Enamel dots finish off my little flowers.
Here is the AE challenge.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous card! I love the water technique you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! This is such a Neat Card!! I LOVE the Design!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a fab technique you used--makes me want to get inky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL!!! I love that you added stitching~

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool background effect! Love the watercolor ikat pattern! Thank you so much for playing along with the AEI{heart}U Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete