Tuesday, October 20, 2015

With a blue flower

I used the CAS(e) this sketch for my card mostly because I just plain loved it.  
 I stamped the word "congratulations" four times on my watercolor paper.  I used white ink and embossed that with white embossing powder because I knew that the embossed words would then resist the Distress Stains that I used.  I spritzed the paper first with a small amount of water and then added the Distress Stains directly to the paper.  When that ink is then spritzed again, it runs.  You then need to just set it aside for the ink to dry.  I love how irregular it dries.  The word is from a set by Avery Elle.  I simply love that font.  
 That wonderful flower and the leaf sprig are stamps from Altenew.  The leaf was colored with Copic markers and the flower was simply colored by adding Distress Stains to it.  Again the white embossed lines resisted the ink. 
Here is the CAS(e) this sketch.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

1 comment: