Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What a CUTE little owl!

No doubt whatsoever, owls are "HOT" right now. Any kind and any size. I guess I just like trends because this is one bandwagon that I have gotten on. Wonder how long these guys will be around? One of my absolute favorite papers companies is We R Memory Keepers and these papers are from them. The pink/salmon colored paper was scored with the Scor-Pal tool and then those folds were sanded a little bit to distress them. And for added distressing I used the Tonic Paper Distresser on the edges of the papers. These papers have a white/distressed took to the edges of the papers so I was just adding to that look.
My little owl was stamped and embossed with black embossing powder. I love the richness that the embossing gives to the black. I did some inking to add a little color to his body.
Another interesting accent is that I added the Aleene's Paper Glaze to the inside part of each of the leaves and then sprinkled the Clearsnap green glitter on that. I like using the Paper Glaze as my glue for something like this because it dries a little 3-D and it really holds that loose glitter.
LITTLE OWL - HELLO card
Materials list: Cardstock
Patterned paper – We R Memory Keepers
Owl stamp – Inkadinkado
Hello stamp – October Afternoon
Black stamp pad and black embossing powder – Clearsnap
Aleene's Paper Glaze - Tulip
Green Glitter – Clearsnap
Tonic Paper Distresser
Scor Pal scoring tool
3M Foam Tape

6 comments:

Lindsay Spencer said...

Cute card! I love your new blog header. It's so fresh and summery!

Lisa Dorsey said...

Oh he is absolutely adorable Linda! Love what you did with this card!

~amy~ said...

stinkin' fun!!! I {heart} owls!

Anabelle said...

This is wonderful, Linda!!! Love it!

Sarah Mullanix said...

Cute little owl, love what you did with him! I'm with you on the WeR, colors and patterns are just wonderful!!

-Sarah

wendyp said...

this is super cute!!! love the bit of glitter inside the leaves!