Thursday, August 6, 2009

Cherry goodness!

I just had to use this adorable cherry print paper by Cosmo Cricket and so the 2 Sketches 4 You sketch for this week was the perfect way to get some of it used up. This is Kazan's sketch #32.The two prints are actually both sides of this piece.
The journaling spot is from a package by Jenni Bowlin. It had a white center and I wanted it to match better so I just brushed it with a couple colors of chalk stamp pads.
The cherries are cut out of the patterned paper. I coated the cherries with Aleene's Paper Glaze for a nice, epoxy look. I also added a little dot of White 3-D Fashion paint by Tulip.
This piece was added to the card front with foam tape. I use a roll of foam tape by 3M, I actually need to take out stock in the company for how much of this stuff I use!
******
Now to a photo I just had to share!
While at Disneyland, we came across a parade that we hadn't know was going to happen. My daughter put our grandson on her shoulder so he could get a good view and you can see in his face how much excitement this brought him. He was pointing at everything!
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)
CUTIE PIE card
Materials:
Cardstock – Core Essentials/Core’dinations
Patterned paper – Early Bird/Cherry Pie/Cosmo Cricket (both sides)
Journaling spot – Jenni Bowlin
Rub-on words – LUXE
Rhinestones – Mark Richards, Inc.
Machine sewing
Ribbon – Michaels
Clear Paper Glaze – Aleene’s®
White 3-D Fashion Paint – Tulip

9 comments:

  1. Darling Cherry Card and adorable little Grandson!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Linda, but that grandson is too cute for words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so into cherries right now! There are so many cute papers featuring them right now it seems! Beautiful card... =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your card is, once again, amazing, i love your use of both sides of the paper, brilliant!

    i've been playing with cherries tonight too ;)

    your grandson is beyond adorable, my goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute photo! And the cherries are adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that card is so cute!! and speaking of cute....your little grandson is THE CUTEST!! The excitement of little ones is so contagious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that paper and your card is great.
    Eveline.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what cute images you shared - both the card and your grandson are sooo cute. Love any Cosmo Cricket too.
    Thanks for playing
    :) Hugs
    Kazan

    ReplyDelete